Thursday, March 22, 2012

Retrieval

The retrieval is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9:00.  We have to be there at 8:15 and because it is imperative that we are on time, we got a hotel room about 3 minutes from the clinic for the night.  We didn't want to risk the entire cycle being cancelled because of Atlanta traffic.

The retrieval process itself only takes about 30 minutes.  I'll be asleep during the procedure and on bedrest for at least 24 hours afterwards.  The doctors said my ovaries look beautiful.  It's nice to hear, but that wouldn't be the word I used to describe them.  I don't find giant, deformed raspberries especially beautiful.  Plus, those suckers are sore. 

Anyway, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.  Hopefully all the eggs I've grown are good ones.  I will try to update again tomorrow with an egg count, but it just depends on how loopy I am. 

1 comment:

  1. Well you're always kind of loopy so I'm betting you won't be posting a follow up for at least a few days. Love you loopy... ;-)

    ReplyDelete