The retrieval was on Friday. It went smoothly. I was very sore and cranky, but I am feeling much better now. They were able to retrieve 14 eggs. The doctors were very happy with that number and said it was better than they expected from me. (They've become very well acquainted with my rebellious ovaries.) You like my cap?
12 of the 14 eggs that were retrieved fertilized. They were supposed to transfer 2 of them into my uterus this morning, but they called and pushed me to day 5 (Wednesday) instead. The nurse said this is very common when you have lots of fertilized eggs. On day 5 when the fertilized eggs become blastocysts, it will be easier to tell which ones are the strongest so they can choose the best candidates for transfer. Wednesday is also my Daddy's birthday. I'm pretty sure that will bring us good luck!

Good news on all your fertilized eggs! The hat, not such good news. . .
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU!