I spent the past week working my nurse like a 90 day. (That's something we say in my family. It means I treated her like she owed me money and was 90 days behind on her payments. It comes from being in the loan business and/or the mafia. . .) I emailed and called her. I emailed and called her assistants. I called the switchboard and left messages. I called the finance office and had them give her messages. I was ready to send my Dad and my friend Debbie to her house, but it finally worked. However when she finally did call me back, I realized she had been sick, so I'm a jerk. Oh well. I finally got my protocol and will start around the end of next week.
The protocol instructions are 3 pages long and include a flowchart, so I won't go into too much detail. Here are the basics. First I will start with birth control pills to put my ovaries to sleep. Then a week later, I'll begin Lupron injections which will further shut down my body's normal reproductive system. A week after the Lupron injections begin, I will start Bravelle and Menopur injections to force my ovaries into producing multiple eggs. I will take the stimulation medications for 10-14 days and will be monitored closely to see how my ovaries respond. When the good doctor feels like the eggs are ready, I'll stop all other injections and get one final shot of HCG that will force me to ovulate 36 hours later. At that point, they'll knock me out, take my eggs and toss them into a pool with the hubby's boys. Hopefully 3 or 4 days later, we'll have some strong embryos that are ready to rock and roll. They will only transfer 2 at a time into my uterus to reduce the risk of becoming the octomom. If there are extra embryos, we'll freeze them for later. I've left some things out, but the entire cycle will take about 6 weeks total.
We've committed to 4 cycles (2 fresh, 2 using the extra frozen embryos we'll hopefully have.) If it doesn't work after those four cycles, it clearly means our offspring were destined to be satyrs hell-bent on world domination. No one wants to be ruled by goat people.
You know I will chase her down like the 90 day she is. Sickness that's no excuse. :) Love you my friend!
ReplyDeleteGlad you finally got some information! Ah the emotions!!! I'll be praying for you, sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about giving your nurse hell. She (or a co-worker) should have left a message on her voice mail that she was going to be out for a while along with another person you could contact if you need immediate assistance. She dropped the ball... that's just typical protocol in healthcare.
ReplyDeleteUmm... and if you do become an octomom... can I adopt 1 or 2 from you?? I'll name them Hope and Dr. Alfred. :)
My thought are with you Twin. I love you!